CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm a Dreamer





Curbside Prophet's note been a while since i went all poetic.........I wrote this during the same old dull phase of my life,major contemplations,iffy situations and getting inspiration from the same source but its a wonder how it comes out so very different on paper......everytime.......this chap i write about is a mixture off a few special things and people i know.........but at the end of it all he's a dreamer and he isn't scared to say that.People are often scared to let their "dreamer" side get exposed..........they're too shy,he teaches us to take pride in dreams cause they start it all ,they end it all........

He'll be standing down the driveway,
Strumming his blue guitar
You'll see him below the oak tree,
You don't have to go too far,
If you hear closely,
You'll hear a familiar sound,

"I'm a dreamer,
I don't have to close my eyes to dream,
I stay up all night to soak the moonbeams,
I've got the prettiest roof,that's the starry sky,
I'm a dreamer ,
Cause i know dreams come true,they never die."

On Sundays i see him at the diners,
He sings to kick the summer blues,
He loves the winter breeze,
And the autumn hues,
Its the rains which make his songs deeper,
So he sings the same old song,
Cause he knows God is a natural weeper,

"I'm a dreamer,
I don't have to close my eyes to dream,
I stay up all night to soak the moonbeams,
I've got the prettiest roof,that's the starry sky,
I'm a dreamer ,
Cause i know dreams come true,they never die."

He says "Time is quite a traveller
It takes you to places you've never seen,
Or makes you someone you've never been,
When we dream we've got no time to see the time,
You've got yours, I've got mine,
So dream,dream on my friend
Cause dreams go beyond the human end"

He says,
"I'm a dreamer,
I don't have to close my eyes to dream,
I stay up all night to soak the moonbeams,
I've got the prettiest roof,that's the starry sky,
I'm a dreamer ,
Cause i know dreams come true,they never die."

PSST-I would've loved if it could be a song..........seriously..........and if it was then i would've loved if it was sung by Dave Matthews........with a nice job on the guitar and a dreamy,peaceful feel to it.....yeah!

17 comments:

Mridul Dua said...

BRILLIANT!!!!! keep up the great work anchi panchi... this one kinds reminded me of my DREAMS poem... not half as good as yours, anyway..... honest, mellow and easy-flowing words, strung beautifully into a stupendous piece of writing..... loved it!!!! (please write this sorta thing more often!!!!)

Anonymous said...

this is really good,you should learn to play the guitar and start singing, cuz this could be an awesome song. who knows, you could be the next alanis morissette or someone better.

Disha said...

as pissed off as i am at you right now...(fume)...I managed to check your blog. Anchi, you wont believe that i was trying to hum the poem in my head. This is a SONG. This is meant to be one. This is one...beautiful. Just beautiful

Curbside Prophet said...

THANX MRIDI.........A MILLION........rahul.....WHOA.......thats shit big...i read yer comment like 5 times just to make sure........and chippy.......i'm an electric bitch but......i'm all yours......and it sure is big shit if you liked it.....thankeee!!!!!

Shreya said...

guess u already have too many ppl praisin u.....!!!
n as accordin to sources i speak to u 2-3 times a day n i guess iv told u loooong time back what i thot of it.....n cuz u anyway dont reply to my comments this comment is dedicated to the nothingness in the world!!!

Himani Shukla said...

i so agree wid wt dis chap says .....thru d 2nd comment...yeah ...an amazin written piece....wonderful...."splendid"...in one word.....

Curbside Prophet said...

@shreya.....well do checkout all the posts.........i've replied to every single one o yours.........and well i know you loved it.......so thanx.......ITS PUBLIC NOW..OUTTA THE CLOSET :)

@himani.....ah rahul toh gave one "kicker" of a comment.....and there you with the other "kicker"....thankeeeee!

namita said...

When we dream we've got no time to see the time,
You've got yours, I've got mine,
So dream,dream on my friend
Cause dreams go beyond the human end".....
amazin!...the lines are soo strong n profound...ppl r rite...these actually seem lyk d lyrics of a song...!..gr8 work..u reely surprised me!!..

Curbside Prophet said...

@namita.........yeah well i do that alot....hehehe.....neway thanx.......i totally believe in them,they might be stupid or a product of naive minds.......but you need to dream....cause they start it all.....

Unknown said...

hmm...very well written...soft topic fer most ppl, but u've used good amounts o imagery to make it seem colorful, which fcourse is a very good thing, kinda like The Shins..n yeah, m gonna make a song out o it, if i have the permission, which i assume i do, so mebbe i'll upload it n u cud put it around here somwhere.. :)

Curbside Prophet said...

@ant........AND NOW WE'RE TALKING!

Yan said...

It was pretty neat, well constructed and a nice personal touch to it. could quite relate to it but then again, I'm sure you did! keep it flowing girl!!

Curbside Prophet said...

@yan.....hmmm dats honest........and a comment,thankee!

Unknown said...

Excellent!!!!!ultimate bliss..!!!!When we dream we've got no time to see the time,
You've got yours, I've got mine,
So dream,dream on my friend
Cause dreams go beyond the human end"....beautiful lines!

Trishala said...

The song makes me feel so small to comment!!!
Yet, i do...appreciating ur work and ur imagination...the song is so visual that it won't need a video. It's so vividly writtn... i love it!

Curbside Prophet said...

@anubha.....ITS ALL IN THE WINTER AIR MAN,winter nights,its does stuff!thanx a bunch

Curbside Prophet said...

@trash........awww man,m humbled.....and hey it aint sarky!