CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 2, 2008

The Pink Sun


Curbside Prophet's note-AH,so its finally this!BLISS!.......I'm a little partial to this one right here.I don't really feature in any of my posts,this is just one exceptional one.A "when they met" .....or well not met exactly,kinna story.Its about a girl who's just living her life,like its got everything she wanted.She is happy,happy knowing the fact that she lives a life where no one can trespass on her deepest,moronic,most fantastical thoughts,till he comes by.She's shocked,irritated and feels its unfair,"how can someone know what only i know?" or"how can someone know me better than me, myself?"There is quite a bit of imagery used.Its not exactly "love"which they find,its more like an uncanny comfort or security they find in each other,which could be love. The "Pink Sun"basically talks about how two people,two total strangers could have such a fantastical rapport,which is almost "freaky" .This is a story with a quintessential "happy ending",cause well i can throw logic in a trash bin when it comes to me.I don't really know if the ending is digestible,but then reality sometimes is "prettier" than fiction,trust me!

What was i thinking or was i even thinking?
Staring into the empty space without blinking?

Breathing high and low,
The chain of thoughts in continuous flow,

I looked around,it was all the same,
But it felt a bit brighter ,i could surely claim,

I asked him"what is the colour of the sun?"
He said "not what it seems to everyone."

I looked at him with doubt and said"then what should it be?"
He smirked and said "if its pink to you its pink to me."

I laughed at this and walked ahead,
"How daft could someone be?",still thinking of what he said,

It wasn't long,when suddenly he reappeared,
I pretended to be aloof,though i could've sneered,

I don't know why i couldn't send him away,
I somehow felt it was too cruel to say,

He still smiled and told me to turn around,
I was stupefied after what i found!

"It was really pink?But that was just a thought?
It was just me who knew how could i get caught?"

"You think too loudly probably that's why."
His defiant smile made it sound so wry.

I asked him how he knew,
But he said"what was the fun if all of us got the clue!"

"No but you have to tell me who you are
And about your hand with that scar"

"I got that when you said i lied
When you turned your back i almost died!"

He took my hand and i couldn't refuse
I gave it to him,like i had nothing to choose,

Now i knew how he could see,
Probably that was how the world was meant to be!

PSST-To the inspiration............Jah Bless!

7 comments:

Mridul Dua said...

Nedles to say... out of all the things that i've ever read written by people our age, this one's my favourite... i love you soooooo much for writing this one... you can't imagine how happy i feel everytime i read this.... ONE DAY, SOMEONE OR THE OTHER WILL FIND OUR PINK SUN!!!!

Anonymous said...

This one's my favourite post.

Himani Shukla said...

no favourites......cuz i lovvee all dt dis female writes....gawd...all i can say is...dt ...
"IM PROUD OF YOU...."
n ya ure d best evr......!!!!!!!

Curbside Prophet said...

its really great to get to hear stuff like "this one's my favourite post".....coz well it sure is speacial....so this is like the most gooey thankyou........

Himani Shukla said...

hang on....will i evr meet sm1 lik dis guy....do they evn exist...or does ne1 evn close 2 dis guy EXISTS?/(undoubtedly "NO"...)...wt say??????
nethin 4 sm1 like him.....I ADORE DIS 1!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shreya said...

himani ur mad.....its not about ppl existin n nt existin its about the way u see 'em.....i mite think someone is totally in sync wid me n my emotions but u mite nt like him.....so thats how it is nt not about findin "that-pink-sun-guy" understood dumbass...this comment is fr my fav piece "love janie".....
i kno u guys love this but i adore that more cuz someone was goin thru a rough patch wen it was written n i totally GOT that.....fer once i talked DEEP......i guess janie reminds me that i was there fer someone

Curbside Prophet said...

@himani......ah well there is nothing like "pink sun type".......i mean even if there is...theres only one.....the idea of this poem was to focus on something which is so real yet so fantastical.....something between two people....it has no explanation..as to why or how it happened...it just did......it was meant to be......got it....and i hope you spot your pink sun chap soon..;)))

@shreya.....yer damn smart........BANG ON CORRECT!and hey janie was different.....its got me.....all over...pink sun was just the start of all the sensible works.....so they both are special..........thanx all Y'ALL!!!