CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Love ,Janie...


Curbside Prophet's note-Janie,who's Janie?Well she's a girl,an everyday story,you'll meet her anywhere,everywhere,or maybe you do know her.Somehow i do feel close to her,not because its me,i don't even know who i am but i do see a slight resemblance.But i would still say its not me,this particular piece is very close to my heart,cause i wrote it when i desperately wanted something which could be good enough to make me a little happy,contrary to life,THEN!Its funny how i just started without any specific idea or theme and it just turned out to be this story of girl in a nutshell.She's a little moronic,eerie,witty,jaded,confused,sarcastic,self-indulgent and dreamy.She knows she's the star of her life and it all revolves around her .She isn't someone you might fall in love with,but I'm sure you would wanna know who's the Janie in your life!

The world seems big from where i live,
But they say its pretty small,
I don't really have much to give,
But you can have it all.

I just have a few coins in one pocket,
A few telephone numbers in the other,
The memories of a trashed love in a locket,
And a sorry note from my younger brother.

I'm passionate about dreaming,
But that's not what i do,
I listen to music when my mother is screaming,
My hands smell funny cause i play with glue.

I don't really like things which are close,
I've always had a liking for things which are probably too far,
I never wanted your purple prose,
But your honesty did leave a scar.

I'm still a virgin you know?
And i don't think that's daft,
I can do that,i know so,
But sex still isn't my craft.

I don't know if i have a killing smile,
But you did seem dead the last time we met,
I fumbled through my speech and said,"that is my style",
I was so high who needed a private jet.

Do i make you think?
Do i act weird a bit too much?
Does my behaviour make you blink?
I don't really plan anything as such!

Oh yes!I swear alot,
And i give no reason for it,
Is that love that you've got?
Last time i tried,it did fit.

I think i got funnier with age,
They say its nice the way i turned out,
But all i got from you was rage,
When i made fun of your uncle's gout.

Yeah,you know me,
They call me Jane,
You said "that's not what it should be
That name's a bit too sane."

You know its funny how a tale starts ,
And then comes to an end,
And there she wrote below the many blue hearts,
"Love,Janie-your ex-girlfriend"

PSST-i know this is Shreya's fave.......so to you,MOTORBITCH!

8 comments:

Disha said...

Anchi...this blog is so INCREDIBLE!! Each piece left me...speechless...theyr fantastic, fabulous and totally amazing "Janie"...

I hope WOW can sum up everything...

Shreya said...

hmmmm a post fer moi.......naaaiiice.......good u remembered cuz im the first to read n give the always "blessed" comments.....n YAY!!!

Mridul Dua said...

First and foremost..... CONGRATS ANCHI PANCHI ON THE MAKING OF YOUR BLOG!!!!!It's absolutely BRILLIANT!!!!I JUST LOVVVVVVVEEEE EVERY INCH OF IT!!!!!

Mridul Dua said...

It looks really jazy and cool.... i'm feeling complexed yaar..... it's greaaaaaattttttt!!!!!!! And this post is aweeeeeeesssssssooommmmeeeeeee!!!i can't wait to see your new posts.....

Curbside Prophet said...

@DISH.......I know my blog's damn cool......hehhehe......and this piece.....well is close to me and my heart,:)))

@shreya......yeah yer the 1st....always bitch.......

@mridi....thanx mridi....its just so cool to get such blog comments.....YEAH YEAH YEAHS!!!!

Girl said...

its realy nice girl............. finally i found the blog...........

Curbside Prophet said...

@sakshi........er,thanks aye lot!

Randeep said...

Hey its nice..

Cheers
Randeep